- Only foolish people use stupid labels.
- It doesn’t take much evidence to know when someone is jumping to a conclusion.
- Filtering out the positive would be ok if it didn’t take over my life.
- Complete failures polarize their thinking.
- Never ever overgeneralize. [Read more…]
Archives for August 2010
Another thinking error kids use that follow closely with jumping to conclusions is blaming. Children’s ability to discern intent or culpability is not developed. Emily may have accidentally bumped into Ben on the playground, but Ben naturally assumes that Emily did it on purpose because he can only see the end result of himself being hurt. [Read more…]
Anyone who has gone through the SFT program is aware of the difficulty of eliminating thinking errors from one’s thoughts. It requires a great deal of vigilance, patience and willpower. Adults of all ages struggle with taking their thoughts captive. Imagine then how much more difficult it can be for children to think accurately. [Read more…]