There are many people every year who go throught some kind of recovery program to help them get off of an escape behavior. Some are successful while other are not. Here is a list of some habits a person can do to sobotage their recovery.
1. Hang around with the same crowd.
2. Complying instead of surrendering.
3. Phoniness-“Talk the talk-no action.”
4. Discontinuance of training.
5. Self-pity instead of owning responsibility.
6. Exaggeration of problems.
7. Lack of discipline.
8. Doing it “my way.”
9. Making excuses.
10. Making justifications for using behaviors.
11. Wanting too much too soon-impatience.
12. Neglecting your health-poor eating and sleeping patterns and not adequate exercise.
13. Not having boundries(inability to say no).
14. Allowing emotions to build instead of processing events.
15. Refusing to do whatever it takes to be succesful at recovery.
These are just a few examples of ways to sabotage recovery. Fortunately, all of these habits can be successfully taken out with the proper training, effort, and motivation.